At Cyber Synergy, we take a multi-faceted approach to security. We work with our clients to provide security intelligence and risk management solutions through a host of Emergency Preparedness and Continuity of Operations (COOP) services, protecting critical business information and systems from unauthorized access. Cyber Synergy provides our customers with subject matter expertise in COOP planning; Emergency Management; Information Assurance; Test, Train & Exercise (TT&E); Policy Planning; Web/SharePoint development; Database and Systems Integration and continual process improvement and knowledge management services to properly develop and implement their protection programs.
On the Information Technology side, we develop modernization strategies to support the integration of information systems within the Enterprise Security Architecture. Our services range from providing critical security controls that protect against attack to assisting in the development of compliant risk management programs and policies.
Cyber Synergy’s consultants have experience implementing Identity and Access Management solutions (e.g. Single Sign On, Role Based Access Control, Personal Identity Verification, HSPD-12), as well Certification and Accreditation (C&A) services to help government organizations comply with regulations and standards including FISMA, NIST and FIPS. We assess, document and certify information systems for accreditation and provide process and artifact improvement recommendations for the C&A of information systems. Key areas of service include:
Identity and Access Management
Identity and Access Management is a broad administrative service area that deals with the identification and control of individuals within a system and managing their access to that system’s resources through user rights and restrictions. As businesses grow and the number of users and devices on a network increase, it becomes more and more challenging to manage the enterprise and ensure that stakeholders have accurate, efficient access to the information they need. Cyber Synergy has a proven track record of helping our clients improve their organizations’ security and productivity, while reducing costs and eliminating redundant efforts.
Here are just some of the areas in which our Identity and Access Management experts are able to assist you:
- Creating web services for enterprise-wide authentication and consolidation
- Creating communication and outreach materials and promoting the new system to stakeholders across the organization
- Define strategies for enterprise role management and compliance
The coordination of so many moving parts and gaining the buy-in of so many stakeholders can seem like an overwhelming prospect, and Cyber Synergy is pleased to leverage our considerable expertise to lead these efforts and provide real value to your organization.
Information Assurance uses physical, technical and administrative controls to assure information and mitigate risks with regard to the use, processing, storage or transmission of data and systems. Our Information Assurance experts have real-world experience and will work to protect your system’s data throughout the project to ensure:
- The integrity of the records
- That proper access to the data is maintained
- That authentication measures are in place at all times
- That information is kept confidential
- That users’ actions are accounted for throughout the process
Our proven procedures foster an environment in which all parties are able to collaborate efficiently and effectively, regardless of location. As a leader in our industry, Cyber Synergy’s mission is to provide quality products and services to our clients on every engagement, designing solutions that meet and exceed their expectations and giving them peace of mind.
Mission Assurance is the process of ensuring an organization’s critical and essential functions continue under all hazard situations. This assurance is created by proper mission planning, development, implementation, testing and continual process improvement when necessary. The process involves reaching across an entire organization, including partners, customers and suppliers, to meet all the requirements of the engagement and account for all contingencies.
Cyber Synergy’s team of experts have hands-on experience providing Mission Assurance program support for our clients to integrate, maximize unity of effort and minimize inefficiencies across the following security disciplines:
- Antiterrorism (AT)/ High Risk Personnel
- Continuity of Operations (COOP)
- Emergency Management
- Physical Security
- Operations Security (OPSEC)
- Personnel Security (PERSEC)
- Information Security (INFOSEC)
- Critical Infrastructure Risk Management
- Information Assurance (IA)/ Computer Network Defense
- Safety and Occupational Health
- Foreign Disclosure
- Sensitive Compartmented Information
At Cyber Synergy, we take a multi-faceted approach to Mission Assurance by reviewing all security elements of an organization, ensuring we are able to address and improve the overall security posture, not just one piece of the security puzzle. We work with our clients to provide security intelligence and risk management solutions and to protect mission critical business information and systems from unauthorized access. It is our mission to ensure your organization is prepared to handle any situation with confidence and efficiency.
Continuity of Operation and Emergency Preparedness Support
At Cyber Synergy, we take a multi-faceted approach to Continuity of Operation (COOP) and Emergency Preparedness (EP) Support services. Our cradle to grave approach to COOP support services include:
- Implementation Planning
- Plan Development
- Identifying and Establishing Continuity Facilities
- Tests, Training and Exercises (TT&E) Planning
- Annual Program Maintenance
Cyber Synergy’s EP support hinges on proper planning, organizational awareness and training, and timely emergency communications. Our EP services include:
- Occupant Emergency Plan development
- Evacuation planning
- Shelter In Place (SIP) site identification and SIP kit services
- Individual emergency supply bag / go-kits
- Alert and notification system support
- Training and Exercise development
It is our mission to ensure your business is prepared to handle any situation with confidence and efficiency. By employing a rigorous quality control strategy throughout all aspects of our Continuity of Operation and Emergency Preparedness Support offerings, Cyber Synergy is prepared to assure consistent, quality, timely deliverables and activities to your organization, enabling the implementation of data-driven, continuous improvement.
Physical Security describes a combination of physical protective measures and security measures that are designed to deny unauthorized access to facilities, equipment and resources and to protect personnel, property, operations, equipment, facilities, material and information against loss, misuse, theft, damage or destruction by disaffected persons (insiders), vandals, activists, extremist protesters, criminals (individuals and organized groups), terrorists (domestic, state-sponsored and transnational), saboteurs and spies. Physical security involves the use of multiple layers of interdependent systems which include CCTV surveillance, security guards, protective barriers, locks, access control protocols and many other techniques.
Cyber Synergy’s Physical Security support services include:
- Physical Security Program Plans
- Staff Assisted Visits / Assessments
- Physical Security Inspections
Team Cyber Synergy has provided both Secure and Non-Secure SharePoint Administration and Knowledge Management support for numerous clients including the DoD/Army, The National Science Foundation (NSF), and The Department of Education. Our team of SharePoint experts provides full lifecycle support for standing up, deploying, and maintaining SharePoint sites including:
- Work with stakeholders to perform website requirements, analysis and recommendation planning
- Prototype various site solutions (e.g., Dashboards, Approval Workflows, Automated Notifications Document Library Management, Versioning, Custom Lists and Views)
- Website design, development and testing
- Develop and maintain website content
- Perform all site administration and maintenance activities, including software patch installations and upgrades
- Conduct end user training and “Train the Trainer” sessions for first tier Help Desk support staff
- Conduct brown bags and learning sessions to increase organizational awareness of SharePoint capabilities and improve general understanding of knowledge management and collaboration
- Support the integration of SharePoint websites with federal mandates such as HSPD-12/PIV card login
Team Cyber Synergy’s SharePoint resources have Continuous Process Improvement training and experience, including Lean Six Sigma, XML, HTML, DHTML, ASP.NET, C#, SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, Visual Studio-Web Services/WCF and Knowledge Management, to ensure all SharePoint sites continue to evolve to meet our customers’ expectations.