Software Engineer 2
Software Engineer 2
Ready to be part of a cutting edge growing Cyber Security project that will make a huge impact on the DOD/Intel community? This exciting program includes performing software engineering, reverse engineering, and vulnerability research with a focus on OCO (Offensive Cyber Operations) and DCO (Defensive Cyber Operations) activities. Support assessments of large-scale weapons systems and other national security operations. We need our developers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new challenges across the full stack as we continue to push security forward.
- Performs software development tasks and assists in the design and architecture of software applications individually or as a team member
- Primary role is to lead technical design of software components as well as lead software integration testing of software components
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems to include coding, testing, debugging, installing, and documenting to support organizations software application
- Implements software development process improvement activities in accordance with organizational procedures
- Develops unit and integration tests and test plans for software applications and prepares software test reports
- Writes documentation for software and software interfaces
- Seven  years experience in software development technologies and methodologies.
- A BS in Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Information Systems can be used for (4) years of experience.
- Additional relevant certifications can be used for up to 2 years of experience, depending on the certification
- TS/SCI with CI Poly and CCA Required
PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Experience in x86/x64 assembly and/or C, C++, software reverse engineering, kernel debugging, and/or protocol stacks
- Experience developing computer exploits
- Experience in Software Reverse Engineering with at least 1 of the following tool or an equivalent: IDAPro, GDB, WinDbg, Immunity/OllyDbg
- Experience in malware analysis and mitigation techniques
- Strong understanding of the Windows and Linux Operating System internals and APIs
- Knowledge of analyzing shellcode, packed and obfuscated and the associated algorithms a plus
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Pearl, etc
- Experience in host and network analysis to identify and characterize anomalies and vulnerabilities in the platform
- Experience documenting findings in reports and briefings
Work is spread across Annapolis Junction and Linthicum, MD.